The nutrition consultation addresses nutrition to contribute to well-being.
The dietitian’s approach allows listening, knowledge sharing and coaching.
The approach takes into account social and psychosocial factors that may influence health.
The initial consultation includes:
- An assessment of the context and food
- Some information and tools according to the situation
- A determined intervention strategy made together
During the follow-up
- The intervention strategy is modified together as required
- Additional issues are addressed as required
Here are the issues that can be addressed:
- Weight, food behavior and self-image
- Digestive or intestinal problems
- Food allergy or intolerance
- Cancer, diabetes, chronic pain
- Hypertension, cardiovascular disease
- Sport and nutrition, vegetarianism, nutritional deficiency
- Difficulty organizing or preparing meals and snacks